Monday, February 20, 2012

How to obtain information on your past tax filings from the IRS

Are you filing for divorce or child support and need copies of past tax returns or information about what you filed with the IRS?  You can actually obtain that information directly from the IRS.

Click here to learn how to order a Transcript of Account.  This document lists most of the line items reported on your tax return as originally filed.  If you cannot find your actual tax return, this document will at least provide information on what was filed.   This is a free service from the IRS.  you can find out more by clicking here.

You can also order a copy of an actual tax return for a fee.  Click here for the order form.

In a divorce situation, if you filed joint returns with your spouse and do not have copies, you can order the information directly from the IRS, bypassing the lack of cooperation you may be experiencing from the other side in a divorce matter.

1 comment:

Property Tax Assessment said...

Hey ...
past tax billing is superb case of divorce and children ...n its free filings from the IRS.....great i like it..